page list

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Post 21 Day Sugar Detox Photos

Here are the newest photos post detox, I am wearing the same top as before and my make-up is the same except I swiped on some pink lip balm. The jeans I am wearing are different, they are a size smaller than the ones I am wearing in the first pictures...yay! My sweet, supportive husband took these pictures for me.

Before: April 3, 2012

After: April 25, 2012

Before

After


Before

After

Before

After

I can't really see much of a difference, but that is OK, it's only been three weeks, I can't expect major changes to take place in such a short time. What is important is I feel healthier and have more energy than before.

I visited my doctor today to get a blood test request to have my thyroid checked, I am pretty sure it's high right now meaning my thyroid medication will have to be lowered if I am correct. I really hope so, I would love to heal my thyroid if possible and not be reliant on any medicine. I have already lowered it from 150 mg to 130 mg, ( the doctor lowered it according to blood test results) and hope the doc will lower it more, pray for me! While I was at the doctor's office he mentioned to me about the HCG Diet, is anyone familiar with it? He told me (I think this is what he said, I'm deaf remember) that it is a hormone that mimics pregnancy in the body which makes fat burn faster. I told him I would do some research on it, but I'm not sure if it sounds like anything I want to do. I have been focusing on lifestyle changes, making slow, but significant progress in my eating habits and the foods I eat. I imagine if I don't make those fundamental changes, I would start gaining weight after going off the HCG Diet once I reached my goal weight. Still I will keep an open mind :)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Steph

2 comments:

  1. I am just checking out your sugar detox...you are so brave. I need to do this, but don't know that I am willing to choose to. I will have to read more. As for that diet you mentioned...I have heard great and not so great things. My husband says there is no secret, move more and eat less. Ultimately it will catch up. Sugar is a drug...and I am sure it has an effect on your thyroid. Glad you were able to reduce your meds. That is awesome. My meds just went up because I was so sluggish. Now I am wondering if I removed sugar if it would make the difference I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I truly believe cutting way back on the sugar and taking breaks from it all together (sugar detox) will be so beneficial to your health and thyroid! I was able to lower my medication even more, it's now down to 100 mg...yay! Going gluten free, eating real foods and eating very little sugar is how I've done it. I wish you much luck on your healing journey, I'm here for you if you have anymore questions :-)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete